This butter spread can be as simple or enchanting as you’d like it to be. I love making this to celebrate Beltane and Litha.
Use your imagination and creativity! Now is a great time to forage through your own indoor or outdoor garden! Make sure you use herbs and flowers that are edible and have not been exposed to pesticides.
Think about the meanings and symbolism behind the flowers or herbs you choose to add to this spread.
This is absolutely one of my favorite things to make for a celebration with my husband or when we have family and friends over for a party. This spread is so yummy and flavorful and it just looks gorgeous!
I made a video showing how I made this spread at home that you can watch below, or keep reading for more details!
- 1/2 cup of room temperature butter (1 stick) (I use Earth Balance)
- 1 loaf of french bread, baguette (I like to use the bake at home kind from the grocery store so it comes out warm and fresh) or your bread of choice
- salt & pepper
- garlic (I prefer minced but powdered is delicious too)
- herbs of your choice (chives, rosemary, thyme, sage, etc)
- flower petals of your choice (calendula, rose petals, violets, marigolds, etc)
- seeds of your choice (optional) – poppy, toasted sesame, chia, coriander, sunflower, etc)
HOW TO MAKE IT
- On a cheese board, serving platter, or cutting board spread a thin even layer of butter directly across it. A spatula works great for this, but you could use a butter knife as well. If the butter is difficult to spread, you can pop it into the microwave for 10 – 15 seconds to make it easier.
- Sprinkle with the ingredients you’ve chosen
- Serve with warm french bread, baguettes, or bread of choice
If you make this for yourself please tag me in your photo on Instagram! I’d love to see the ingredients you add and what you do to make yours magical and enchanted!
I wish you love, health, happiness and remember as always…