Yule Winter Solstice Grimoire and Book of Shadows Journal Prompts
Gather around peculiar friends, while we celebrate Nature and the longest night. During this time we rest and reflect with introspective thought. Even now at the darkest time, we know that each day will bring more warmth and light. I hope this helps you feel inspired to celebrate Winter. You can check out more of this series on this blog or on Youtube right now!
If you are looking for some inspiration and ideas for your Yule and Winter Solstice Grimore and Wiccan Book of Shadows you’ve come to the right place!
Here is an EPIC LIST of writing prompt ideas for motivation and I sprinkled in some photos for some inspiration!
JOIN US PECULIARS ON OUR FACEBOOK GROUP HERE!
WRITING PROMPT IDEAS
- Favorite memory you have from the holiday season
- Crystals, scents, food or herbs you enjoy this time of year
- Movies you connect with right now that get you into the holiday vibe. Write down quotes from it that you love.
- Press any flowers, herbs or leaves you may have from your garden or collected on a nature walk and put those in your book. You could also use them as a stamp by painting one side and pressing it onto the journal or grimoire page
- Family recipes you love to make and any stories or memories you have making them
- December’s full moon is called the Cold Moon. Write down any information you know about this moon and what rituals or meditations you do during this time
- As the light returns with the new year what habits would you like to cultivate? What do you value? What do you need to do to be successful? What habits or negative thoughts do you need to let go of and leave behind?
- Reflect and write about how old beliefs and folklores influence modern traditions today
- Do you have any activities or traditions you love celebrating each season?
- How do you avoid shallow consumerism this time of year and connect instead to the magic of nature and spirit?
- What does “home for the holidays” look like to you?
- This is the season of giving! Do you have any particular charities or activities you enjoy participating in?
- Take some time to consider what you may have that others do not. Was there a time when you wished for what you have now? What are you grateful for?
- How do you spread holiday cheer? What compliments did you give to someone else today?
- Create a to-do list for this Winter holiday that captures your inner child. What would you like to do to bring more holiday magic to the season?
- Do you have any favorite decorations you place in your home? Why? Do they have any special meaning or memories?
- Ponder what you’d like your word of the year to be for the upcoming year. Spend time meditating on what you want to bring more of into your life and write about how it will affect your life. Let of go of the word you chose this year and reflect on how it changed you this past year.
- Write about a negative thing your life has in excess. What will you do to minimize it for the next year?
- What’s your favorite holiday music right now? Write down the lyrics!
- Now is a great time to set out some seed so the birds have food for the winter. What’s your favorite way to do so? Traditional bird feeder, peanut butter with seed pinecone, DIY ice wreath, etc? Do you have any favorite birds?
- Do you have a Yule or Winter Solstice altar? What do you like to put on it?
- Do you have a favorite gift you’ve given over the years? How did it make you feel to see another’s happiness and joy?
I wish you the happiest memories with friends and family. I hope your winter is truly magickal and as always remember…..