The Full Moon of April 2024 is called the Pink Moon. Depending on where you live, Spring may be in full season, or newly formed buds are just beginning to take shape.
Determined tulips and daffodils push their way forward, destined to show off a bright brilliant display of colors. The air simmers with anticipation and possibilities! We are entirely immersed in the season of Spring, and with it, themes of prosperity and a deep internal mindset shift.
The Full Moon of April 2024 is a time to fully focus on the present. We’re past the planning stages and have begun implementing changes we’ve been plotting and scheming all Winter long.
As rain, thunder, and wind storms continue throughout the month of April, they spread seeds and life along with it. Reminding us of the power, strength, and endurance of Mother Nature.
Every full moon has its own name based on the month or the season in which it appears. Creating a name for each full Moon allowed people to reflect on each season and how it affects them AND the natural world. There can be some variation on the Full Moon names due to the origins from whence they came.
Most Full Moon names are English translations of Native American names; others are rooted in Celtic, European (Anglo-Saxon and Germanic), and more recent Neo-Pagan origins. I created a guide to each Full Moon, complete with their meanings and how you can celebrate
Please note that I make every effort to ensure this information is correct and accurate through my own experiences and referencing sources throughout AND at the bottom of this article.
Posts on this site may contain affiliate links that allow me to earn a small commission from your purchases (at no extra cost to you!)
When is the Full Moon in April 2024?
In 2024, April’s Full Moon, the Pink Moon, occurs on April 23rd and peaks at 7:49 p.m. Eastern Standard Time.
Spiritual Meaning of the Pink Moon
Wild Ground Phlox (also known as Moss Phlox aka Phlox subulata, pictured below) take all the credit for naming April’s Pink Full Moon as they are in full bloom during this season, and so are we! Let their joyful blossoms inspire you!
While many people are disappointed the Pink Full Moon isn’t actually pink, it still brings plenty of happiness and cheer. The Pink Moon’s spiritual meaning is about optimism for the future and anticipating goals and dreams coming to fruition.
Trust yourself as you attempt to change and grow. Allow yourself the chance to fail and the courage to try again. Be willing to adapt or completely change your initial strategy to help your intentions to be successful and long-lasting.
Remember to prioritize balance and nourish your spirit to avoid burnout. This will help you remain focused and clear-headed. Place boundaries when needed and recognize what you need to let go of to move forward.
Relax, slow down, and embrace the happiness and pleasure the Pink Moon brings with it.
What Pagan Holiday is associated with the April Full Pink Moon?
April occurs when the Spring season is in full swing, so it’s often connected with these themes.
The Spring Equinox is all about enjoying balance, personal growth, and new experiences. The extreme cold of Winter is gradually receding as the days grow longer and brighter.
Full Moon April 2024 Alternative Names
- Egg Moon (Anglo-Saxons)
- Moon of Windbreak (kwiyamuyaw) Hopi, Southwest, Arizona)
- Budding or Growing Moon (Celtic) (Source: Time and Date)
- Bear a Child Moon (YitAruwakrere Nuti) Catawba Indian Nation, South Carolina)
- Awakening Moon (this is a more modern term used by Neo-Pagans)
- Planting Moon (Tahch’atapa) Tunica, Tunica-Biloxi Tribe of Louisiana)
- Peony Moon (Chinese)
- It’s Thundering Moon (Wasakayutese) Oneida Native American
For a list of even more Native American Moon names, check out American Indian Alaska Native Tourism Association’s article here or Western Washington University’s article here.
Pink Moon Correspondences
It’s easy to see why fertility, change, new growth, and adaptability are major themes during April’s Pink Moon. We shake off the heaviness of Winter and embrace the light-hearted days of Spring.
Spiritual Meaning and Intentions
- New growth
April Full Moon Colors
When it comes to April’s Full Pink Moon, think of all the flowers that are starting to bloom right now. Many of them are deeper and brighter hues than you’ve seen in earlier months, and they will continue to increase as the Spring and Summer seasons continue.
- Pink – of course!
How I Celebrate April’s Full Moon
Here are a few Pink Moon rituals, intentions, and magical ideas to help you celebrate April’s Full Moon. If you’re looking for more ideas, check out Full Moon Rituals You Need To Know!
It’s so simple to find ways to connect to Nature right now! Take a moment to sit outside and be still. Ground yourself by standing barefoot on the grass or ground. Breathe in the Spring air and notice how Nature is blooming all around you! Feel that exuberant energy fill you up too!
Find a way to connect with yourself as well. You’ll need a strong and grounding root system as you attempt to accomplish your goals. What do you need to feel stable? What boundaries do you need to establish with yourself or your loved ones?
I once heard Elizabeth Gilbert say reading Julia Cameron’s book, “The Artist’s Way,” helped inspire her to write “Eat, Pray, Love.” So I snagged my own copy, and it was truly inspiring. My two biggest takeaways are prioritizing writing or journaling every morning and weekly Artist Dates.
The Full moon of April 2024 embodies an Artist Date, so why not combine the two? An Artist Date is basically a solo adventure of assigned fun! It can be simple or more intentional. They should stimulate your imagination and indulge your curiosity.
Here are a few Artist Date ideas to spark your imagination:
- Take a long walk and notice the details of Nature all around you
- Visit your local library
- Binge a new YouTube channel – here are some ideas to get you started
- Go for a long drive and sing along to your favorite music
- Have a living room picnic with your favorite snacks
- Drop by a cafe and order something indulgent
- Take a class on something you’ve always wanted to try pottery, yoga, watercolors, learning a new language, photography, knitting, self-defense, etc.
- Spend the night in a hotel
- Reflect next to a river or stream
- Check out a local farmer’s market
- Indulge in a long bath
- Try a new restaurant
- Listen to a new podcast
- Go through your house, find some items to donate, and then actually donate them!
- Visit a local brewery or vineyard and try something new
- Check out a local museum
- Go for a walk with a journal or sketchbook
- Try a new guided meditation
- Sit in your backyard and finish your garden planning and preparation
- Visit the tourist locations in your area
- Try a new recipe
- Set a small budget and visit a local thrift store. Find something you can create a piece of art with. Think outside the box!
April’s Moon is also known as the Moon of Windbreak due to the frequent wind storms spreading seeds and life. Spend some time reflecting on this idea and concept.
Why not embrace that dazzling wind energy? Sit outside and let it blow across your face and through your hair. Let the wind flow through you, around you, and embrace it within you. Bring out your crystals or tools to experience the wind cleansing as well.
Here in Idaho, April brings lots of dandelions! These “weeds” have many uses, so don’t discount them! Here are a few ideas to get you started:
- Create a flower crown
- Make dandelion oil
- Decorate your home with them
- Use them to dye eggs or fabric
- Leave the dandelions alone and watch the bees enjoy them
- Eat them! The whole plant is edible, but make sure they haven’t been sprayed with weed killer. If you’d like to create your own powerful materia medica, check out the Best Herbalism Books for Beginners.
Every Full Moon is a powerful and effective time for manifesting. Combining that strong energy with potent optimism is bound to create an impressive energy cocktail during the Pink Full Moon!
When manifesting, remember your mood and emotions are powerful. Ensure you’re in the right mindset when putting energy into the universe.
Here are a few tips I’ve found to be helpful:
- Wear headphones and play music that triggers strong and happy reactions. It should be powerful enough to make you emotional. Inspiring movie scores can be very helpful! Here are a few ideas –
- A Dark Knight by Hans Zimmer & James Newton Howard
- Lord of The Rings / Hobbit music by Howard Shore
- the Ocean’s 11 and 12 soundtrack – by David Holmes (my favorite is $165 Million + Interest Intro because it just makes me feel cool! Ha!
- Dear Old Southland by Louis Armstrong is another particular favorite of mine.
- Another good one would be Hans Zimmer’s Pirates of the Caribbean score! Sorry, I love music and can definitely get carried away. You get the point, though; listen to your favorites!
- Always express gratitude as if you’ve already received what you’re trying to manifest.
- Imagine how you’ll feel once you’ve received your intention. Really concentrate on the feeling. Picture telling a loved one the amazing news and their excitement for you.
Place your hands on either side of a water container for an extra step while doing the manifestation tips above. When you’re finished, use it to make Moon Water.
Ask the Moon to light the way and show you what obstacles might be standing in your way. You can read more about How To Make Moon Water here. Make sure to thank the Moon when you collect your water!
Full Moon Schedule 2024
Is the Full Moon of April 2024 a Supermoon?
No, the Full Moon of April will NOT be a supermoon.
However, there will be TWO Supermoons in September and October this year!
The astronomical term for this [supermoon] phenomenon is perigee-syzygy Moon. The alignment of the Sun, the Moon, and Earth that occurs at both new and full moon is known as syzygy.Britannica – Supermoon
Will April’s Pink Moon Have A Lunar Eclipse in 2024?
No, April’s Pink Moon will not have a Lunar Eclipse this year. However, on April 8th, 2024, there will be a Total Solar Eclipse!
In fact, there will be two Lunar Eclipses AND two Solar Eclipses in 2024! (see chart below)
Lunar and Solar Eclipses in 2024
penumbra, (from Latin paene, “almost”; umbra, “shadow”), in astronomy, the outer part of a conical shadow, cast by a celestial body, where the light from the Sun [or other light source like the moon] is partially blocked—as compared to the umbra (q.v.), the shadow’s darkest, central part, where the light is totally excluded.Britannica – Penumbra Eclipse
Is There a Black Moon in April 2024?
No, April doesn’t have a seasonal Black Moon in 2024.
However, there will be a calendrical Black Moon on November 30th, 2024.
A Black Moon is a modern phrase that is very similar to the definition of a Blue Moon. However, it involves two NEW MOONS inside a specified time period rather than two FULL MOONS. Since two New Moons take place in the month of November, it makes this a calendrical Black Moon.
A Black Moon brings success and good luck. While a Black Moon is not an astronomical phrase, it’s honored and celebrated by Pagans, witches, and other spiritual practitioners.
I hope this post about the Full moon in April 2024 was helpful! Lots of love to you, and remember, as always…