The moment you see the dazzling celestial moon in the sky, you’ll want to try full moon rituals to manifest insane energy. Here are the best rituals to harness the moon’s powerful energy in 2023!
The full moon phase is best for rituals involving power, social interaction, success, creativeness, divination, healing, goals coming to fruition, and charging spiritual tools. Use its spiritual energy to manifest your desires, release negative energy, ritual baths for cleansing, and even improve your love life!
Every full moon has its own name based on the month or the season in which it appears. Creating a name for each full Moon allowed people to reflect on each season and how it affects them AND the natural world. There can be some variation on the Full Moon names due to the origins from whence they came.
Most Full Moon names are English translations of Native American names; others are rooted in Celtic, European (Anglo-Saxon and Germanic), and more recent Neo-Pagan origins. I created a guide to each Full Moon, complete with their meanings and how you can celebrate
Please note that I make every effort to ensure this information is correct and accurate through my own experiences and referencing sources throughout AND at the bottom of this article.
Posts on this site may contain affiliate links that allow me to earn a small commission from your purchases (at no extra cost to you!)
Table of Contents
What are Full Moon Rituals?
The full moon is a time of powerful energy, and many Pagans, witches, or spiritual practitioners choose to perform rituals or ceremonies during this time. It’s essential to understand the symbolism of the full moon. This celestial body is associated with many different meanings, including growth, fertility, abundance, and change. Many people use the full moon as a time for personal development or to make changes in their lives.
Full moon rituals, called Esbats by Wiccans, occur during a full moon night. This allows the spiritual practitioner to leverage the moon’s spiritual energy, strength, and intuition during this powerful lunar cycle.
The moon cycles are sacred and associated with the simple rhythmic cycles of Nature, life, and the Universe. The full moon influences human emotions, feelings, and energies giving strength to their magical practices and intentions.
Full Moon Meaning
There is no one answer to this question, as the full moon energy carries different meanings for each spiritual practitioner. However, generally, the full moon can be seen as a time of climax and release. It is a time when things brewing under the surface come to light, and it is also a time when we can let go of the things that are no longer serving us.
It is hard to see what lies ahead when we are in the dark. The bright shining moon helps guide our way forward like a lighthouse at sea. It’s encouraging us on our journey towards self-discovery and providing illuminating light that allows hidden aspects to emerge.
The glow of the full moon is a time to reflect and heal. It helps us gain strength and reach our goals successfully. During the full moon phase, emotions are more intense, bringing up feelings about past events and healing old wounds.
Magical objects, amulets, and other spiritual items (crystals, Elder Futhark Runes, candles, grimoires, bind runes, Celtic Oghams, and sigils) are cleansed, purified, and charged with the energy of the full moon. Now is also an excellent time to create moon water and benefit from its many creative uses.
How to do a Full Moon Ritual
It’s important to choose rituals that feel authentic to you and resonate with your beliefs. Full moon rituals should be fun, empowering, and meaningful experiences that help you connect with your spiritual intentions. So get creative and have some fun!
It’s essential to have a specific intention in mind before performing a full moon ritual. Use items and tools based on their spiritual correspondences; these can be plants, herbs, candles, or anything with spiritual meaning to you.
Don’t get too hung up on the tools or supplies because the most potent magic is found within you. The second most important thing is your intention and the ability to manage your own energy and mind.
A full moon ritual consists of four main parts:
- Knowing exactly when the full moon is
- Clearly set your spiritual intention before starting the ritual or spell. What problems are you dealing with right now? What are your desired outcomes? What is the reason behind your full moon ritual?
- Cleanse your ritual area, preferably an altar or sacred space, with sound, burning herbs, crystals, or your cleansing method of choice. Include any spiritual items you connect with. It is essential to be in a quiet space where you will not be interrupted.
- Perform and intentionally close the ritual. A closing ritual is important because it tells your subconscious the practice is complete, similar to creating sigils. Keep your closing ritual simple. Use your intuition when closing your ritual. You can use the ringing from a singing bowl, express gratitude, or sing or chant a song or phrase of your choice.
Full Moon Spells
Remember, full moon rituals should be exciting, energizing, and spiritually significant to you. Here are some ideas to include in your full moon ritual or spell:
Incense is associated with the magical elements of air and fire. Incense purifies the air and keeps it energetically clean while influencing the spiritual practitioner’s mind. Remember to choose scents according to their magical properties and light before the ritual begins.
Choose candles based on their color meanings and spiritual intentions. Candles represent the four elements: fire (flame), air (smoke), earth (wax), and water (melted wax is sometimes used for scrying). It can be used in any ritual or spell, usually dressed or anointed with oils and herbs and carved with spiritual symbols of choice before being burned.
White contains the purest kind of spiritual characteristics. Hence, if you’re uncertain about what color to use, grab a white candle because it can be swapped and substituted for any other color in candle magic.
Words of Power
You can use powerful words to attract what you want and manifest your desires. Use a single word, mantra, or affirmation you find meaningful. Many believe it’s essential to write in the present tense (“I have,” “I am,” etc.).
The choice, of course, is entirely up to you! Remember to use positive words and avoid negative comments like don’t, won’t, or not. Use robust and powerful words you’d like your full moon ritual to represent.
Write it Down
Write your words of power and make a drawing or sigil to help carry out the intention. However, feel free to create a poem or spell if that resonates with you. Don’t be afraid to experiment!
There are many different ways to do ritual or spiritual work; it can be as unique as the person doing it! Listen to your intuition for the best results! At the end of the ritual, burn the paper containing your intentions to release it!
Full Moon Rituals and Spells To Try in 2023
You can have a unique, powerful full moon ritual without spending any money or doing anything complicated. Avoid searching Pinterest or social media for examples and instead, focus on your spiritual intentions during your full moon rituals. This will allow you to feel more centered and involved in your own spiritual beliefs.
Creating your own full moon rituals places the spiritual intention or goal into your unconscious like it would when creating your own sigil. It also allows you to step into your power, connect with your intuition, and control your own transformations.
Making your own rituals can be a lot of fun. There aren’t any rules, only ideas or advice. Don’t feel pressured if others have different opinions! Below are some examples of full moon rituals and why you would include them in your spiritual practice.
Full Moon Cleansing Ritual
Cleansing rituals are a necessary part of any magical work. The physical space where you live or perform your rituals impacts and influences you. This influence affects your energy, whether you realize it or not, and can hinder your performance or mental health.
When it comes to cleansing rituals, I find that listening and expressing my joy through music and dancing is one of the most effective methods. It’s also very effective for manifesting when listing to positive affirmations.
Music can instantly shift your mindset and bring thoughts of nostalgia, sadness, joy, or inspiration. Music touches our souls and connects us with higher vibrations to attract magnificent and powerful energy. Music and frequencies are strong and effective tools for your spiritual practice.
What you will need:
- The ability to play music
- Incense or smoke cleansing stick (I like to use lavender because its spiritual magical properties include joy, happiness, protection, peace, cleansing, and purification)
After lighting an incense stick in your room or house, open a window so the negative energy has a way to leave the area. This also allows the moonlight to shine through any windows. Then crank up your favorite music that makes you feel happy, silly, powerful, or whatever emotion resonates with you. Feel free to dance, sing aloud, or tidy up the space however you like.
The feeling you get from your favorite music will influence the space you are cleansing. This also works if you’re trying to rid yourself of negative energy, a bad mood, or if your nervous system is feeling overwhelmed. You can also include any crystals or spiritual tools you’d like to cleanse as well.
Another option is using Tibetan singing bowls or playing hertz frequencies (I prefer to use Theta frequencies because they promote creativity). Feel free to use ANY song that brings you sheer joy and happiness. If it gets you pumped up, it’s the perfect fit for you!
Full Moon Ritual for Love
The full moon is a period of success, completion, and manifestation when it comes to love. It’s when we can bring our desires for love to fruition and manifest new relationships into our lives or enhance our current love life.
If you’re interested in performing a full moon ritual for love, choosing a ritual that feels authentic to you and resonates with your beliefs is crucial. Be careful using magic if someone does not want to date or interact with you. Remember, this will also work well for incorporating more self-love and spiritual growth into your life.
Sensual rituals are all about the scent and pheromones. You’ll be including these properties in your full moon ritual for love.
What you will need:
- A glass jar (canning jars work great, but any glass jar with a lid will be fine)
- Oil of your choice (grapeseed, jojoba (pronounced ho-ho-ba), or sweet almond are my favorites)
- A strainer or cheesecloth (to remove herbs when the ritual is complete)
- Amber Glass Bottles with Eye Droppers (clear ones work fine, but the amber color helps block light, allowing it to stay fresh longer)
- Dried flowers, herbs, or essential oils of your choice. If you combine different scents, ensure they complement each other well because you’ll be wearing them. If you know your desired love interest’s favorite scent, be sure to include it.
- Here are a few suggestions to get you started:
- Lavender (happiness, love, and peace)
- Rosemary (to remove negative energy)
- Cinnamon (good luck)
- Pine Needles (clarity, comfort, protection, and eliminating mental negativity)
- Rose petals (love, passion, romance, sensuality)
- Vanilla for added temptation (love, relationships, and healing)
Begin Your Ritual:
- Prepare your jar for the best outcome. Ensure it’s clean and very dry because any water can cause rotting and spoilage! This includes the flowers and herbs you use; make sure they are completely dry.
- On the night of the full moon, fill your jar full of herbs, flowers, and any essential oils you choose to use. Next, fill the jar with oil, slowly pouring it over all of your herbs and flowers.
- Cover the jar, give it a couple of shakes, and place it on your altar or sacred space where it will not be disturbed by anyone else. You can use incense or aromatic candles to create a mystic and sensual mood. It will draw in the partner you seek.
- Take a moment each day or night to sit with your infusion undisturbed. Place the jar in your hands, close your eyes, and visualize your love intentions coming to fruition. How does it make you feel? Allow this feeling to flow through you and into your infusion.
- Try to do this as often as you can (daily is best) until the next full moon. Complete the ritual by pouring the love oil into your amber bottle(s) through your strainer or cheesecloth and giving those herbs one last squeeze to extract all the scent goodness.
- Wear your love ritual scent every day to manifest a new relationship or enhance your current relationship!
Full Moon Fertility Ritual
Fertility issues are very overwhelming, painful, and serious. I’m sending so much love to anyone suffering from fertility issues! Magic is not a cure-all for everything. Please do this ritual together with medical treatment for the best possible results!
As I discussed in the Brigid Goddess article, ancient Celtic people held motherhood with the utmost respect. As a result, rape was considered a heinous and unforgivable crime that deserved the harshest punishment. Sexuality, on the other hand, was praised for its contribution to the sacred role of motherhood.
Full Moon Rituals are a great way to celebrate the power of motherhood. There is no right or wrong way to practice this ritual, so do what feels best for you.
I’m hesitant to post this ritual due to controversial opinions on fertility rituals. However, if just one person feels more connected and empowered during this monumental moment in their life, I’ll be glad to have shared this ritual.
What you will need:
- A blown-out eggshell to represent a baby (Some practitioners prefer to eat the egg yolk with intention before this ritual for some added power. This isn’t necessary and entirely your choice.)
- Your cleansing item of choice (sound, incense, smoke cleansers, etc.)
- Napkin ring, trimmed toilet paper roll, or anything you have to hold an egg (This isn’t needed but helpful when adding your symbolic items)
- Your choice of symbolic items to represent fertility abundance. You don’t need all of these; just a few that best resonate with you. Here are a few ideas to get you started:
- Dandelion leaves or seeds (to grant wishes)
- Seeds (pumpkin, sunflower, etc.)
- Mistletoe (promotes healing and encourages fertility)
- Wheat (fertility)
- Pine cones (fertility)
- Red Raspberry leaves (fertility)
- Queen Anne’s Lace (fertility)
- Bay Leaves (to write positive intentions with)
- Cinnamon Sticks (good luck)
- Coriander (fertility)
- Baby’s breath (purity, innocence, and love)
- Patchouli Oil (fertility and protection)
- Rosemary (to clear away any negativity)
- Pomegranate juice (represents fertility and abundance due to its excess of seeds. The ancient Greeks considered the pomegranate a symbol of fertility and beauty. Pomegranates are associated with the goddesses Demeter, Persephone, Aphrodite, and Athena. Its red color symbolizes life, fertility, success, and uterine lining).
Begin Your Ritual:
- Use your cleansing item of choice to remove any negative energies around you, your sacred space, and the eggshell. Do not rush this step, be mindful of your energy and stay focused on this moment beneath the full moon.
- Place the eggshell on a holder, and add the symbolic items you chose to represent fertility abundance.
- Hold the egg in your hands, close your eyes, and visualize your fertility outcome. How does it make you feel? Allow this feeling to flow through you and into the egg.
- Once complete, dig a hole to bury your ritual egg in. Once you’ve placed your egg in the hole, pour pomegranate juice over the top of it. Then bury the egg in the ground while speaking positive intentions and visualizing your fertility outcome.
Alternatively, you can choose to do a Seed Planting Egg Ritual like the one I did for Ostara. You can plant indoor or outdoor seeds by selecting a plant symbolic of fertility for you!
Full Moon Ritual for Money Manifestation
If you want to increase your abundance, you can perform a full moon ritual that involves attracting money. The most common mistake in attracting wealth is thinking you lack or need more money.
Instead, think of all the wealth present in your life and how much more will come back quickly and easily! Gratitude plays a vital role during full moon money rituals. Actively practicing ways to feel thankful can help manifest money through abundance instead of a rarity. Any money you spend will always come back multiplied.
You’ll be creating a money bowl for this Full Moon Money Ritual! This is a very intuitive process, so let your intuition guide you!
What you will need:
- Bowl of your choosing (Here are a few ideas to get you started – Selenite Moon Shaped charging bowl, Stone Bowl, or Amber Onyx Heart Shaped Stone Bowl)
- Money (the amount doesn’t matter; it can be coins or bills. However, some people swear by adding higher denomination bills. Do whatever works for you because this will begin the process of money flowing towards you.)
- Crystals, herbs, and correspondences that resonate with you. Here are a few ideas to get you started:
- Pyrite (money, abundance, and resourcefulness)Citrine (happiness and self-confidence)
- Citrine (happiness and self-confidence)
- Green Calcite (prosperity, abundance, and success)
- Carnelian (powerful fire energy)
- Cinnamon (good luck)
- Bay Leaves (to write positive intentions with)
- Lavender (joy, love, and peace)
- Rosemary (to remove negative energy)
- Mint (for money, luck, healing)
- Calendula (true wealth, favorable outcomes, strength, and spiritual growth)
- Gold, jewelry, or anything that represents financial success to you
Begin Your Ritual:
- Sit somewhere quiet where you will not be disturbed. Cleansing your space before starting the process is key to ensuring everything goes smoothly. With that being said, use whatever method makes sense for you; whether that means burning candles or carrying sage water in a bottle, keep focused on this moment beneath Full Moon.
- Place your items in your money bowl, and keep them at your office desk, small business shop, altar, or sacred space, whatever place resonates with you most!
- Alternatively, you can add symbolic money items into a sachet and keep them in your purse or wallet.
Cord-Cutting Full Moon Release Ritual
During a full moon, think of any negative energy you want to release in your life. This is an ideal time for purging and casting away what doesn’t serve us anymore! It’s time to let go of the past and make room for new memories.
A cord-cutting ritual is an ideal spell to do when you need to let go of the past or a hostile person. You can also release any harmful or overwhelming emotions. When you are performing this ritual, think about anything weighing down your heart. The cord represents what you’re attached to yet struggle to separate from.
This ritual packs an energetic charge to help cut out things you no longer want in your life. This ritual will not cause harm to you or anyone else and symbolizes severing a connection and a final farewell.
What you will need:
- A fireproof holder (I use this Lodge Pre-Seasoned 6-1/2-Inch Skillet)
- Two tapered candles (it’s most common to use one black (symbolizing what you want to release) and one white (to represent yourself). However, different types of witches may choose to use specific colors that resonate with them)
- Twine or hemp cord (about 12 inches long)
- Two pieces of paper and a pen
- Oils (olive, almond, jojoba, grapeseed, coconut. etc.)and herbs (rosemary (to remove negative energy), lavender (protection, peace, cleansing, and purification), or dill (defense). These are just suggestions; feel free to use what resonates with you most.
Begin Your Ritual:
- Anoint your candles with oils and herbs of your choosing. Oil helps create a pathway for your desire to manifest in the physical world. If you want more detailed instructions, check out Candle Magic How To Anoint and Dress Your Candle.
- Write your name on one piece of paper, and on the other, write the name of the person or negative energy you want to let go of. Fold each paper three times and place each one on the bottom of your fireproof holder.
- Using your fireproof holder, melt the bottom of your tapered candles, so they stand upright on their own. Place the white candle on the paper representing yourself and the black candle on the other. Sprinkle salt in a protective circle around your candles.
- Loop your cord around each candle, then take a moment to close your eyes and visualize the release. How does it make you feel? Allow this feeling to flow through you and into the candles. Continue doing this until you feel your intentions have been infused into the candles.
- Light both candles at the exact same time, then repeat this chant as both candles burn down.
I release the ties that bind us.
I now reclaim my energy while sending your energy back to you. By releasing the ties that bind us, I now give you freedom.
With a newfound sense of freedom, I release myself from the chains that have bound me.
May this new beginning bring happiness, love, and success into my life. I’m free once more, and I now start fresh on a bright and happy new path.
Once each candle has burned down completely, throw them away in separate trash containers. The ritual is complete.
Full Moon Bath Ritual
A full moon bath ritual is the perfect opportunity for self-care, relaxation, and rejuvenation; plus, there’s no wrong way to do it!
You can enjoy a soothing bath with scented candles or essential oils to help heal, ease your mind, manifest, release stress, increase motivation, attract abundance, improve sleep, or add passion to your bedroom; the possibilities are endless!!
If you live in the Northern Hemisphere, stir water clockwise to attract positive energy and counterclockwise to banish or keep away negativity. (Do the opposite directions for Southern Hemisphere).
What you will need: (This will vary depending on your spiritual bath ritual intention)
- Tea strainer or mesh bag (this keeps the herbs or flowers from clogging your drain or dirtying your bathtub)
- Corresponding essential oils, Epsom salt, scented candles, bubble bath, soaps, herbs, oils of your choice, bath bombs, plants, or collected Moon Water based on your bath ritual intentions.
Begin Your Ritual:
- In a quiet area where you will not be disturbed, begin running your bath water to your preferred temperature. Slow down and pay attention to your senses (sight, sound, smell, taste, and touch). How can you indulge these during your ritual bath?
- While thinking about your intentions, start adding your items until you feel the mood, ambiance, and energy matches your bath ritual’s purpose.
- Listen to relaxing music with headphones on; obviously, be careful not to get them wet (I listen to this Magical Meditation Spotify playlist). I also listen to ASMR (here’s a list of my favorite ASMRtists: Ozley on YT, Whispering Willow on YT, and Gibi on Spotify. I also enjoy watching live Reiki healings on Tiktok or watching Tip of the Moon on YT.
- You can also add any crystals (avoid getting them wet unless you’re very knowledgeable about crystals), hag stones, statues, or symbols around the tub’s edge for added power and energy.
- Sit quietly and soak in the bathwater. Take deep breaths through your nose, and exhale slowly out your mouth. Visualize your intentions coming to fruition. How does it make you feel? Allow this feeling to flow through you and into the bathwater. Soak in the bathwater until your intuition tells you the ritual is complete.
If you don’t have a bathtub, you can do this in the shower! You can create a similar vibe and ambiance in your shower. Try shower bomb steamers for a lovely scent.
Once you’re in the shower, imagine all the water removing any negative thoughts, stress, or limiting beliefs as it runs down your body and into the drain. Slowly wash your entire body, so you feel so fresh and so clean clean! As you do this, visualize your intentions coming to fruition as you cleanse yourself with soap and/or oils. I like to complete this ritual by deeply moisturizing with my favorite lotion or body butter!
Other Kinds of Moon Rituals To Try
The difference between these moon rituals is simply the spiritual intentions and meanings of each moon phase. Many spiritual practitioners find these confusing, especially when you add dark moons and black moons, so here’s a quick summary.
Dark Moon Ritual and Intentions
The Dark Moon is a mysterious and beautiful phase taking place approximately two days before the New Moon when the sky is completely dark. Some people refer to this as the Balsamic Moon. Once the last bit of light from the waning crescent moon disappears, yet before the faintest shimmering crescent light of the New Moon appears is known as the Dark Moon.
The Dark Moon’s spiritual meaning is associated with calm, serenity, and wisdom. It’s still connected to the previous lunar cycle and provides a significant moment for rest and reflection as this cycle comes to a close.
The best rituals for a dark moon are self-love, clearing out the old, introspection, and rest (emotionally, physically, and mentally).
New Moon Ritual and Intentions
The New Moon marks the beginning of a new lunar cycle and appears as a thin crescent in the sky. Sometimes the New Moon is below the horizon or such a faint sliver that it’s hard to see. However, it’s still there!
The new moon phase is best for rituals involving new beginnings and renewals. The best rituals for a new moon are setting intentions, new opportunities, manifestations, and self-development.
Black Moon Ritual and Intentions
A Black Moon is a modern term and very similar to the definition of a Blue Moon but is associated with two new moons within a specific time (see definitions below) instead of two full moons.
Black Moons are a special and magical time because they occur more infrequently. Some folks even believe Black Moons are a more potent and powerful time for magic rituals.
Black Moons are intensified New Moons, and they’re lovely for manifestations, creativity, new chances, and opportunities. Now is the time to advance into your power and Self. A Black Moon spiritual meaning is an excellent time for setting intentions and manifestation.
Full Moon Monthly Rituals in 2023
You can also use full moon rituals to cleanse your mind and body of heavy emotions, remove negative feelings, and remove stress. The most crucial magic is found within, so it’s essential to keep a clear mind. Channel your energy with release rituals or mindfulness meditation techniques to utilize the power within yourself more efficiently.
I prefer to customize my full moon rituals based on the current month or season. Here’s a breakdown of each monthly moon’s meaning and specific ritual ideas if you’re interested in that as well!
- January Wolf Moon
- February Snow Moon
- March Worm Moon
- April Pink Moon
- May Flower Moon
- June Strawberry Moon
- July Buck Moon
- August Sturgeon Moon
- September Harvest or Corn Moon
- October Harvest or Hunter Moon
- November Hunter or Beaver Moon
- December Cold Moon
Can You Do a Full Moon Ritual the Next Day?
Most spiritual practitioners consider the moon full when it’s between 99% and 100% of its luminosity. Scientifically speaking, the full moon is only full when it reaches peak illumination for a few minutes. However, from our perspective on earth, the full moon lasts an entire night.
The night of a full moon is the best time to do a full moon ritual. However, many practitioners consider the night before and the night after also very powerful. Some even choose to do a three-night-long ceremony. Listen to your intuition to choose what works for you.
What Do Scientific Studies Say About The Full Moon?
The Moon’s gravitational force is known to affect the tides, and there are traditions among farmers to only plant certain crops during specific lunar phases. People have believed for centuries the Moon influenced human behavior as well.
According to scientific studies, there appears to be a connection between Bipolar mood cycle symptoms and lunar phases. Other research indicates a full moon may also decrease deep sleep by 30% (electroencephalogram (EEG) delta activity during NREM sleep).
The word lunacy comes from the Latin word lunatics, meaning moonstruck. The Greek philosopher Aristotle and Naturalist Pliny the Elder believed the Moon caused insanity and seizures.
Full Moon Calendar 2023
There will be 13 full moons in 2023 (yes, that means a Blue Moon)! Here’s a quick summary of the Full Moon dates for 2023 according to Griffith Observatory.
Full Moon Calendar 2024
Here’s a quick summary of the Full Moon dates for 2024 according to Griffith Observatory.
Lunar Eclipse Schedule in 2023
In 2023 there will be TWO LUNAR eclipses!
The first is called a Penumbral Lunar Eclipse, which takes place during May’s Full Flower Moon. This eclipse is barely visible and will only slightly block the Full Moon. It will be visible in Europe, Asia, Australia, Antarctica, Africa, and the Pacific, Atlantic, and Indian Oceans.
The second will be a Partial Lunar Eclipse taking place during October’s Full Hunter’s Moon. It will be visible in North America, Asia, Europe, Australia, Africa, and most of South America, as well as the Pacific, Atlantic, Arctic, and Indian Oceans.
2023 Supermoon Schedule
In 2023, there will be TWO supermoons in August (including a Blue Moon)!
- August 1st, 2023
- August 30th, 2023
Note: There are no defined rules for how close the Moon must travel to earth to qualify as a supermoon. Depending on how you choose to define a supermoon, there could also be one in July and one in September. However, they don’t orbit as close to the earth as the August Moons.
Solar Eclipse Schedule in 2023
In 2023 there will be TWO SOLAR eclipses!
- April 20th, 2023 – Total Solar Eclipse visible in Australia, Asia, Antarctica, and the Indian and Pacific oceans.
- October 14th, 2023 – Annular SOLAR eclipse (when the moon passes between the sun and the earth, creating a “ring of fire.”) Visible in North America, South America, and the Pacific, Atlantic, and Arctic oceans.
When is the Paschal Moon in 2023?
The Paschal Full Moon (pronounced pa-skl) helps determine the date of the Christian celebration of Easter. The Easter holiday occurs on the Sunday following the first full moon after the Spring Equinox. This full moon can appear in March or April, depending on the year.
In 2023, the Spring Equinox takes place on March 20th, which is AFTER March’s Full Worm Moon on March 7th. April’s Pink Moon on the 6th is the first Full Moon after the Spring Equinox, making Easter land on April 9th.
This makes April’s Pink Moon the Paschal Moon in 2023!
Will There Be a Black Moon in 2023?
According to Space.com, there will be a Black Moon in May because there are four New Moons this season. It’s the only Black Moon in 2023!
The next Black Moon by the seasonal definition of the term will occur on May 19, 2023. Space.com
A Black Moon brings success and good luck. While a Black Moon is not an astronomical phrase, it’s honored and celebrated by those interested in Nature Spirituality (Pagans, Witches, etc.).
I hope you found this post about Full Moon Rituals helpful! Lots of love to you and remember as always…