Oh, the warm glorious days of June’s Strawberry Full Moon. Lips crimson from freshly picked strawberries, and the sweet taste still lingers. The Strawberry Moon’s spiritual meaning and energy are powerful and it’s important to understand what it means to you as we begin to say goodbye to Spring and hello to Summer.
The Strawberry Moon meaning is a time of growth and new beginnings. It’s a time to plant the seeds for your dreams and watch them grow into fruition. So whatever your goals are for the coming year, make sure to set your intentions during this spectacular moon phase.
Take the time to slow down and enjoy the balmy June air. It’s deliciously fragrant as the summer season begins. Lush green leaves sway in the slight breeze, and the summer sun is currently flourishing at its climax.
Every full moon has its own name based on the month or the season in which it appears. Creating a name for each full Moon allowed people to reflect on each season and how it affects them AND the natural world. There can be some variation on the Full Moon names due to the origins from whence they came.
Although the majority of Full Moon names are English translations of Native American names, others are rooted in Celtic, European (Anglo-Saxon and Germanic), and more recent Neo-Pagan origins. I created a guide to each Full Moon complete with their meanings and how you can celebrate.
Please note that I make every effort to ensure this information is correct and accurate through my own experiences and by citing sources throughout this article.
Posts on this site may contain affiliate links that allow me to earn a small commission from your purchases (at no extra cost to you!)
When is the Strawberry Moon 2022?
In 2022, June’s Full Moon is called the Strawberry Moon. It takes place on June 14th and peaks at 7:52 am Eastern Standard Time.
What is a Strawberry Moon?
June’s Full Moon is named for the wild, ripe, and bountiful strawberry harvest that typically occurs this time of year. It’s said that picking strawberries beneath the light of the moon honors the crops and ensures a bountiful yield.
Strawberries are considered a food of love, representative of the goddess Freya, and they symbolize love and luck. June’s Strawberry Moon spiritual meaning embodies the magic and fullness of life.
This is the best moment to make difficult decisions or to face responsibilities you’ve been avoiding. Start fresh and dive deep into personal growth! Remember to pace yourself, don’t burn yourself out in your excitement and enthusiasm. Evaluate your goals and intentions to make sure they are realistic and achievable.
New life, sunlight, magic, optimism, joy, and strength are everywhere. The earth and the universe are surging with enthusiasm! Your intuition is at a peak! So keep an open mind to all of life’s adventures and twists.
Is There a Supermoon in 2022?
Yes! June’s Full Strawberry Moon is a supermoon which means it will appear larger than usual and shine a bit more brightly!
The term “supermoon” was coined by astrologer Richard Nolle in 1979 and refers to either a new or full moon that occurs when the Moon is within 90% of perigee, its closest approach to Earth.NASA – Full Moon Guide May – June
Strawberry Moon Alternative Names
Remember most of these names applied to the entire month, not just during the full moon!
- Mead Moon (Celtic)
- Summer Starting Moon (daa’za-mea’) Shoshone Great Basin, Nevada, Wyoming
- Hot Weather Begins Moon (Ponca Southern Plains)
- Harpa or Skerpla Moon (Ancient Norse)
- Moon of the Turtle (msheke’kesis) Potawatomi Great Lakes
- Rose Moon (European)
- Planting Moon (European)
- Moon of Birthing (Ignivik) Inupiat Language, North Slope, Alaska
- Honey Moon (European)
June was traditionally the month of marriages, and is even named after the Roman goddess of marriage, Juno. Following marriage comes the ”honeymoon,” which may be tied to this alternative Moon name!Farmer’s Almanac – Strawberry Supermoon
For a list of even more Native American Moon names check out American Indian Alaska Native Tourism Association’s article here or Western Washington University’s article here.
Strawberry Moon Meaning Correspondences
The spiritual meaning of June’s Full Flower Moon is a powerful time for optimism, magic, pleasure, and wonder. To get you started, here are some spiritual correspondences and intentions!
Strawberry Moon Spiritual Meaning
Strawberry Moon Colors
Strawberry Moon Celebration and Ritual Ideas
The Strawberry Moon is a special and sacred time to reflect on your life and make positive changes. It’s also a powerful time for manifestation and setting intentions. Here are a few celebration ideas to get you started.
If you’re looking for even more ideas check out Full Moon Rituals You Need To Know!
Strawberry Moon Season
Why not embrace June’s Full Moon and go a bit strawberry crazy?
- Sun Tea – This time of year the Summer Solstice is very close and the sun’s energy is powerful. Use that power to add a kick to your intentions placed into a refreshing tea! Place 6 – 8 tea bags in a gallon jar full of water. Feel free to add additional strawberries, fruit, or herbs of your choice depending on your intention. Place where it will soak up sunlight for approximately 3-5 hours.
- Use the Strawberry Moon to have some fun in the kitchen by creating cakes, pies, muffins, cupcakes, pound cakes, or maybe some chocolate covered strawberries! Eating food that is in season and local keeps you aligned with Nature and the Moon. It helps you to remember that you are not separate from Nature, but connected and deeply rooted with it.
- Try placing a bottle of vodka or tequila beneath the full Moon similar to creating Moon Water. After the liquor is charged, soak strawberries in the liquor for an hour. You can add to pies, place them on top of ice cream (vanilla bean is my favorite), or you can freeze them and place them in strawberry margaritas or some adult lemonade! You can call it… Moonshine! Ha!
- Go berry picking at a local farm or check out the farmer’s market
If you’re short on time, just keep it simple. Buy yourself some fresh organic strawberries and take a moment to enjoy their beauty. Savor every delicious bite while sitting beneath the full Moon.
Solar Strength From June’s Powerful Sun
The vitality of the sun is currently at its peak during the season of the Strawberry Moon. Embrace the abundance Nature is offering because from this point on the days will start to get shorter.
Find ways to be fully illuminated by this dazzling solar energy! Here are a few ideas to get you started and don’t forget the sunscreen:
- Talk a walk in the park or somewhere out in Nature. Find a quiet spot where you can just be still and silent.
- Enjoy a picnic complete with fresh seasonal foods. Don’t forget the strawberries!
- Find a local watering hole and jump in! Spending time with water is such a cleansing and refreshing experience. If it’s still too cold where you live to go for a swim, you can still sit next to and enjoy the relaxing sounds of a babbling stream or creek. Bring some chopped lettuce or other greens to feed the ducks or geese.
- Go for a back road country drive. Get out of the city, blast your favorite tunes, and bring along your best conversational loved one. Don’t forget to stop and enjoy any interesting sites.
- Visit a local brewery or vineyard and try something new
- Go camping
- Enjoy a good book in a comfy outdoor chair
- Keep it simple and lay on a blanket beneath the warm sun
Strawberry Moon Journal Prompts
A great way to celebrate the Strawberry moon meaning is by journaling your thoughts and intentions. Here are some prompts to get you started:
- How far have you come with the goals and intentions you set this last Winter? Have you achieved them?
- If not, what obstacles can you remove that are holding you back? What patterns and routines are currently interfering with your growth? What can you do to change or alter these? Do you need to re-evaluate your intentions?
- If yes, what can you do to set goals that bring about a deeper and more spiritually fulfilling life? How can you challenge yourself further?
- How can you incorporate a creative talent of yours into your spirituality?
- Do you have a Strawberry Moon or Summer Solstice altar or sacred space in your home? List any crystals, oils, candles, flowers, statues, or meaningful personal items you’ve placed on it.
- What can you do now that your future self will be grateful for this Winter or next Spring? Now is a time of growth and improvement, what do you plan to manifest for yourself?
- Slow down and notice some of your favorite aspects during the season of the Strawberry Moon and Summer Solstice. Make of list of them and find ways to incorporate them into your life more often.
Host a Bonfire
The spirit and emotions of June’s Full Moon are so positive and happy. Why not share that with loved ones? You could serve fresh local food or do a strawberry theme! If that seems overwhelming, keep it simple with a potluck or pizza party. Most of all, have fun and enjoy the light, shimmering, and joyous days of June and the Strawberry Moon.
Sit outside beneath the moon, or someplace quiet where you will not be disturbed. Reflect on 3 things you are grateful for right now. Feel free to say the following chant or repeat it in your mind:
Tonight I sit beneath this Strawberry Moon feeling grateful for (say the 3 things you chose above). I’m grateful for the Moon above and the Earth below me. As the season turns I wish strength, abundance, hope, and love for myself and those I care for.
Feel the white and glowing energy of the Strawberry Moon fill you up. Spend the next 5-10 minutes meditating quietly.
You can check out more of the Full Moon series here:
I hope you enjoy the Strawberry Moon meaning, lots of love to you, and remember as always –