As we enter the enchanting month of June 2024, the vibrant Strawberry Moon meaning invites us to embrace its radiant energy and embark on a journey of self-discovery and spiritual growth. Its deep spiritual meaning helps us explore the depths of our souls and align with the seasons of Nature.
Now is a time to plant the seeds for your dreams and watch them grow into fruition. Take the time to slow down and enjoy the balmy June air. It’s deliciously fragrant as the summer season begins. Lush green leaves sway in the slight breeze, and the summer sun is currently flourishing at its climax.
Every full moon has its own name based on the month or the season in which it appears. Creating a name for each full Moon allowed people to reflect on each season and how it affects them AND the natural world. There can be some variation on the Full Moon names due to the origins from whence they came.
Most Full Moon names are English translations of Native American names; others are rooted in Celtic, European (Anglo-Saxon and Germanic), and more recent Neo-Pagan origins. I created a guide to each Full Moon, complete with their meanings and how you can celebrate
Please note that I make every effort to ensure this information is correct and accurate through my own experiences and referencing sources throughout AND at the bottom of this article.
Posts on this site may contain affiliate links that allow me to earn a small commission from your purchases (at no extra cost to you!)
When is the Strawberry Moon 2024?
In 2024, June’s Full Moon is called the Strawberry Moon. It takes place on June 21st and peaks at 9:08 p.m. Eastern Standard Time.
The Strawberry Moon is one of my personal favorites because it marks the arrival of Summer and the peak of strawberry season!
Strawberry Moon Spiritual Meaning
The Strawberry Moon of June is named for the wild and ripe strawberries that reach their peak in June. It’s believed that picking strawberries beneath the light of the moon honors the crops and ensures a bountiful yield.
This is the best moment to make difficult decisions or face responsibilities you’ve avoided. Start fresh and dive deep into personal growth! Remember to pace yourself; don’t burn yourself out in your excitement and enthusiasm. Evaluate your goals and intentions to make sure they are realistic and achievable.
Strawberries are considered a food of love, representing the goddess Freya. They symbolize love and luck. New life, sunlight, magic, joy, and strength are everywhere. The earth and the universe are surging with enthusiasm! Your intuition is at a peak! So keep an open mind to all of life’s adventures and twists.
June’s Strawberry Moon Spiritual Meaning VideoCheck out how I celebrate June’s Strawberry Moon
Strawberry Moon Alternative Names
Many cultures around the world have different names for June’s Full Moon, and I did my best to include the ones I could find sources on. These names beautifully reflect the connection between humans, Nature, folklore, and communities.
Remember, most of these names applied to the entire month, not just during the full moon!
- Mead Moon or Moon of Horses (Celtic)(Source: Time and Date)
- Hot Weather Begins Moon (Ponca Southern Plains)
- Planting Moon (European)
- Harpa or Skerpla Moon (Norse origins) (source: Nordic Culture – Skjalden)
- Moon of Birthing (Ignivik) Inupiat Language, North Slope, Alaska
- Rose Moon (European) (source: Farmer’s Almanac)
- Sister’s Moon (after the Pleiades constellation the Greeks described as seven divine sisters) (South African origins) (source: Centre for Astronomical Heritage)
- Summer Starting Moon (daa’za-mea’) Shoshone Great Basin, Nevada, Wyoming
- Moon of the Turtle (msheke’kesis) Potawatomi Great Lakes
- Honey Moon (European)
For a list of even more Native American Moon names check out American Indian Alaska Native Tourism Association’s article here or Western Washington University’s article here.
Strawberry Moon Correspondences
The spiritual meaning of June’s Full Flower Moon is a powerful time for optimism, magic, pleasure, and wonder. To get you started, here are some spiritual correspondences and intentions!
Strawberry Moon Spiritual Meaning
June Full Moon Colors
Strawberry Moon Celebration and Ritual Ideas
The Strawberry Moon meaning is a special and sacred time to reflect on your life and make positive changes. It’s also a powerful time for manifestation and setting intentions. Here are a few celebration ideas to get you started.
If you’re looking for even more ideas, check out Full Moon Rituals You Need To Know!
Strawberry Moon Season
Why not embrace June’s Full Moon and go a bit strawberry crazy?
- Sun Tea – This time of year, the Summer Solstice is very close, and the sun’s energy is powerful. Use that power to add a kick to your intentions and into a refreshing tea! Place 4 – 6 tea bags in a gallon jar full of water. Feel free to add additional strawberries, fruit, or herbs of your choice, depending on your intention. Place your tea where it will soak up sunlight for approximately 3-5 hours.
- Use the Strawberry Moon to have fun in the kitchen by creating cakes, pies, muffins, cupcakes, pound cakes, or maybe some chocolate-covered strawberries! Eating food that is in season and local keeps you aligned with Nature and the Moon. It also helps me remember that we’re not separate from Nature but connected and deeply rooted.
- Try placing a bottle of vodka or tequila beneath the full Moon, similar to creating Moon Water. After the liquor is charged, soak strawberries in the liquor for an hour. You can add them to pies, place them on top of ice cream (vanilla bean is my favorite), or freeze them and place them in strawberry margaritas or some adult lemonade! You can call it… Moonshine! Ha!
- Go berry picking at a local farm or check out the farmer’s market
If you’re short on time, keep it simple. Buy yourself some fresh organic strawberries and take a moment to enjoy their beauty. Savor every delicious bite while sitting beneath the full Moon.
Solar Strength From June’s Powerful Sun
The sun’s vitality is currently at its peak during the season of the Strawberry Moon. Embrace the abundance Nature is offering because, from now on, the days will get shorter.
Find ways to be fully illuminated by this dazzling solar energy! Here are a few ideas to get you started, and don’t forget the sunscreen:
- Take a walk in the park or somewhere out in Nature. Find a quiet spot where you can just be still and silent.
- Enjoy a picnic complete with fresh seasonal foods. Don’t forget the strawberries!
- Find a local watering hole and jump in! Spending time with water is such a cleansing and refreshing experience. If it’s still too cold where you live to go for a swim, you can still sit next to and enjoy the relaxing sounds of a babbling stream or creek. Bring some chopped lettuce or other greens to feed the ducks or geese.
- Go for a back road country drive. Get out of the city, blast your favorite tunes, and bring along your best conversational loved one. Don’t forget to stop and enjoy any interesting sites.
- Visit a local brewery or vineyard and try something new
- Go camping
- Enjoy a good book in a comfy outdoor chair
- Keep it simple and lay on a blanket beneath the warm sun
Strawberry Moon Journal Prompts
Journaling your thoughts and intentions is a great way to celebrate the Strawberry moon meaning. Here are some prompts to get you started:
- How far have you come with the goals and intentions you set this last Winter? Have you achieved them?
- If not, what obstacles can you remove that are holding you back? What patterns and routines are currently interfering with your growth? How can you change or alter these? Do you need to re-evaluate your intentions?
- If yes, what can you do to set goals that bring about a deeper and more spiritually fulfilling life? How can you challenge yourself further?
- How can you incorporate a creative talent of yours into your spirituality?
- Do you have a Strawberry Moon or Summer Solstice altar or sacred space in your home? List any crystals, oils, candles, flowers, statues, or meaningful personal items you’ve placed in your sacred space.
- What can you do NOW that your future self will be grateful for this Winter or next Spring? Now is a time of growth and improvement; what do you plan to manifest for yourself?
- Slow down and notice some of your favorite aspects during the Strawberry Moon and Summer Solstice season. Make of list of them and find ways to incorporate them into your life more often.
Host a Bonfire
The spirit and emotions of June’s Full Moon are so positive and happy. Why not share that with loved ones? You could serve fresh local food or do a strawberry theme! If that seems overwhelming, keep it simple with a potluck or pizza party. Most of all, have fun and enjoy the light, shimmering, and joyous days of June and the Strawberry Moon.
Sit outside beneath the Moon or someplace quiet where you will not be disturbed. Reflect on three things you are grateful for right now. Feel free to say the following chant or repeat it in your mind:
Tonight, I sit beneath this Strawberry Moon feeling grateful for (say the three things you chose above). I’m grateful for the Moon above and the Earth below me. As the season turns, I wish strength, abundance, hope, and love for myself and those I care for.
Feel the white and glowing energy of the Strawberry Moon fill you up. Spend the next 5-10 minutes meditating quietly.
Is the Full Moon of June 2024 a Supermoon?
No, the Full Moon of June will NOT be a supermoon.
However, there will be TWO supermoons in September and October this year!
Will June’s Strawberry Moon Have A Lunar Eclipse in 2024?
No, June’s Full Moon will not have a Lunar Eclipse this year.
However, there will be two Lunar Eclipses AND two Solar Eclipses!
Lunar and Solar Eclipses in 2024
Penumbra, (from Latin paene, “almost”; umbra, “shadow”), in astronomy, the outer part of a conical shadow cast by a celestial body, in which the light from the source is partially blocked—as compared to the umbra (q.v.), the shadow’s darkest, central part, where the light is totally excluded.Britannica – Penumbra Eclipse
Is There a Black Moon in June 2024?
No, June doesn’t have a seasonal Black Moon in 2024.
However, there will be a calendrical Black Moon on November 30th, 2024.
A Black Moon is a modern phrase that is very similar to the definition of a Blue Moon. However, it involves two NEW MOONS inside a specified time period rather than two FULL MOONS. Since two New Moons take place in the month of November, it makes this a calendrical Black Moon.
A Black Moon brings success and good luck. While a Black Moon is not an astronomical phrase, it’s honored and celebrated by Pagans, witches, and other spiritual practitioners.
Full Moon Schedule 2024
I hope you enjoy the Strawberry Moon meaning in 2024, lots of love to you, and remember, as always –